We've known were having a girl for a while now, almost 4 months now yet maybe I'm naive or maybe I've thought of the thing having a girl means but have pushed it to the back of my mind, until this morning....
Of course the Today Show this morning is talking about the show Tyra did on teen girls and sex! They showed a clip of the show and out of probably 10-12 girls MORE THAN half were having unprotected sex... and like 14-15 year olds!!
Ahhh! It hit me all the things that I remember dealing with growing up & plus the new way things are going for girls now--- they seem to be growing up so much faster that I did when I was little! What do we have to think about?
-Well since its on my mind, pre-marital sex--- TEEN sex!
-Bullying
-Friends (you always worry about your kids having friends--- and good influences!)
-Clothes (rolling my eyes now!)
-Acne (I had it bad, J didn't-- lets hope shes like her daddy)
And oh so much more! It applys to boys too!!! eeek!!! I can't help but be frigtened and hope that we are good parents and help her with all the crazy things that life brings! I think I learned a lot from my family and have the morals to raise her well---but still! We'll be parents in like 9 weeks!! I think its all hitting me now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment