Friday, January 8, 2010

She's One


We have a one year old! Say what? I can pretty much remember what I was doing at every hour of the day, or at least the important ones.

Right now I was being prepped for surgery and was excited and terrified all in one!

I can't believe a year has passed since our princess was born! It honestly does not seem like it. I can remember, over a year ago, getting a call from the nurse and her telling me that she was sorry but the medication they had me on didn't looked like it worked and that if I didn't start a new cycle in the next week to call and let her know so she could get me some meds. I had this gut feeling that she was wrong. So I waited, took that pregnancy test and remember when she called me back with the blood test results! It was a great feeling!
I can remember being upset at my 39 week check up when they told me I wasn't going home. Why was I upset? Because I didn't get to tell Chester bye, I told him I would be back in an hour.
I can remember thinking to myself as the 5 oclock hour approached... "Why didn't I bring a snack or at least eat later today!" I was starving in L&D.
I can remember not sleeping all night, the epidural taking forever, and I can remember us making the decision that a c-section was best for baby and me and looking at the clock at 9 when the wheeled me in and 9:10 when H was born.

Its been a great and very blessed year. Our girl is perfect. Its hard to believe she was once as tiny as she was! And her dark hair is now blonde. She is crawling on feet and hands (yes with her but in the air), trying to stand up on her own, eating new foods, saying BYE, talking to momma and da, and so much more. I have fought back tears a few times today, as I knew I would, just thinking about the things we have done to get here-- to having her, and now she's not only here but a whole year old!

We celebrated a little today. She went to see her friends at daycare, had a little party and a cupcake! Then she came home to nap with Mommy (because that is truly the best!), then we went for dinner where she ate pasta and bread sticks (at Olive Garden) and then came home to open a few gifts and eat cake with Mom, Dad, Nana, and Papa. Next week we will celebrate with everyone else and have her actual birthday party!!

I can't say this enough. She is special, we are blessed, motherhood is so great and I love her more than words can say!

No comments: