Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Start of Something Grand...

I've debated starting a blog for months, but never did. I, however, need somewhere to gather my thoughts!

DH decided shortly after our summer trip to Gulf Shores to start TTC. It was something we had talked about some but decided we wanted to be married for a year before we started. So that was that... 12 days after our 1 year wedding anniversary I took my last birth control pill and we started TTC!!

I always had mixed thoughts about TTC. Growing up, listening to my parents talk about sex, I always thought "Oh, it will only take one time!". And in college, DH and I were very *careful* because I feared of being pregnant and not being ready (thinking it could only take that one time!) I guess its just something your parents instill in you to fear you! Then the other part of me- as I've become and married woman TTC I've been more pessimistic. I worry a lot!
The first cycle of the pill was doable for me. A tad bit longer than I hoped but I tracked an ovulation date and had a 14 luteal phase so I could be happy right? Yea! 2nd cycle, not so much! Almost 70 days!!

I got fed up and called my doc. They did b/w, everything came back okay, so they gave me Provera. Since I was charting I had a feeling O was coming- just late so I waiting a while. Wouldn't you know it... it came! But only after I started Provera and I didn't realize it until 13 days after. I stopped charting for a few days when I started Provera because I figured "whats the point?" My pattern showed, had I just temped one more day that I would have ovulated. I was having ovulation pain and everything, I just got antsy!!!! Again, I had a 14 day luteal phase and 4 days after finish Provera my 3rd cycle TTC started.

Thats where we stand now! My doc wants me to come back in for more testing mid-cycle and I scheduled that today! I am very excited and optimistic about this cycle!

Meanwhile, my dear BF and college roomate announced she was pregnant Thanksgiving weekend! I was so thrilled and at the same time bummed! She got pg her first cycle off the pill!! But it is so nice to have someone close to talk to about things and she shares just about everything so I know what to expect! I know we are hoping that I'll get pg before she is due (August 2008) so we can spend some of that time "pg together"!!

No comments: