Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pure *Kick Me* Joy

For the past 22, almost 23 weeks I've been told, "Just wait till you feel the baby kick, its so awesome." I waited, and waited, and wondered "is this gas, or a foot/arm jabbing me?" I don't know that I'll ever TRULY know but I would like to believe my "motherly instinct" has shed some light on the situation. Yes, I can finally say (and tell my dr next week)

SHE'S KICKING ME!!!!! (or maybe punching!)

I was watching TV in bed last night with my hand on my tummy, a nightly routine now it seems, when all of a sudden Miss Priss started going NUTS!! I'm sure SOME of it was gas as I had chinese for dinner (hehe, TMI?) but that "motherly instinct" told me NO this is your baby girl telling you "NO MOM, I don't want to go to bed!!" Or maybe she was saying "QUIT laying on your stomach" (a habit I can't break!) I just thought to myself...

PURE JOY!!!!!

There is nothing like feeling something pop you from underneath your skin! The other night I felt a swift kick to the belly button, Sunday I felt a 1-2 kinda of kick/punch, and last night it was just a lot of movement that I have no clue what was hitting me! I tried to let J feel it, but of course the second he came in to feel she stopped! She gave him a few small kicks I think but its hard to him to tell, and its hard for me to tell him too at the same time bc I feel a lot of them just by laying my hand on my belly. I know in the next few weeks though he'll be able to feel it! and maybe she won't be so shy!!!

In other news I've put myself on a liquid diet! My jaw has been bothering me, yesterday it hurt pretty bad. But I iced and hot treated it. Today it felt better. When I opened it real wide it hurt so I decided to get a smoothie for breakfast, and thought that I would try a bagel. The smoothie went great! The bagel, not so much! The chewing was no fun! Thankfully its not hurting as bad as it was yesterday...SOOO I think for lunch I'm going to have a yogurt smoothie and some soup. I haven't done shopping for the week yet so I don't have much at home to eat anyways!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay!! I know you've been wondering for a while, so I'm glad you know now what your feeling! If you had lights, the "kicking" light would have lit up!