
How your baby's growing:The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.
If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.
You may be wondering why I'm posting 7 weeks instead of the 8. its because I'm measuring on track with my ovulation date, which would be 7 weeks yesterday. Its only a 4 day difference but its more accurate. They still have me set for due date on Jan. 14th.
I dont know if cramps are subsiding or if I am getting used to them. They seem to be more dull, which is fine by me! And I've been having more tugging, pulling, and pinching feelings.
Morning sickness still isn't here in FULL force yet... but it is here. Especially during the week when I'm getting up earlier. It seems to help if I can sleep later!! :)
We've been asked about names a few times this week/weekend. Already?? I HAVE, but I think its still to early! I did do a count of weeks and figure we might be able to find out the sex around my birthday.
I'm dying to get away. I am in need of a vacation. A day or two off work. I want to go so many places yet I want to stay home and do nothing! I want to go back to NY, the beach and to TX. Only one of those will probably happen!! :) Which is just fine with me!! I figure we'll be able to hit the beach and hopefully Disney World in the next 5 years! I'd like to take Lovebug to the beach just after he/she is 1! I think it would be super fun! Don't know how the car ride would go!! haha! Its just something I never got to do, I'd like our children to get to!
I'm off for now! i'm super tired and I have loads of work to do!!!!




2 comments:
:)
Your ticker says 7w5d....
Yay, an update!! The little bug is getting big! :)
Keep not being to sick!
Post a Comment